DESCRIPTION OF KF-D
Light gray powder with specific smell. After application, the smell disappears.
This inorganic compound works as an admixture to the cement containing Earth-Materials-Sealants (EMS).
- Initial solubility of KF-D with water is 100%.
- Final hardened product is insoluble even in acid or salt water.
- Completely reduces bubbling of the standard mixture.
- Hardening time is adjustable.
- KF-D does not affect the environment.
- The application of KF-D using injection or sorption treatment creates a chemically altered structure with increased density and reduced hydraulic conductivity.
USES OF KF-D
- Strengthens the standard EMS formula and increases waterproofing.
- Improves binding with standard concrete fillers and particles of soil.
Add 5.5 Lbs of KF-D per 200 Lbs of cement or 2.5 Kg of KF-D per 100 Kg of cement to EMS and mix for 10 min.
Add pure water to produce a water to cement ratio of 0.38.
Mix for 5 minutes and unload into the hopper of pump station.
Apply mix through injectors into the targeted damaged areas.
The KF-D and EMS premix can be poured onto soils with or without subsequently mixing with the soil for stabilization and waterproofing of soaked areas.
COMPACTION OF TREATED SPECIMENS
Specimens Untreatd, % Treated, %
Brown Clay Sand 86 97
Gravelly Clay 88 95
Gravel & Sand 79 96
Masonry 66 89
Light Concrete 69 98
TECHNICAL DATA OF KF-D PREMIXED WITH EMS
_Final hardening is adjustable from______10 to 40 minutes.
_Minimum temperature on site is_______- 15C or 5F
_Slump____________________________2.5 cm or 1"
_Shinkage__________________________300 micro strain
_Compressive Strength after 3 days 21 MPa/3000 PSI
7 days ____30 MPa/4260 PSI
_Reduction of hydraulic conductivity_____80%
Inventions of the 21st century